Chat no: #348
Date & Time: 13th April at 7 PM SAST (UCT +2)
Topic: Let’s chat all about Social Media and ways we share South Africa on all the platforms. All form the travel and tourism perspective: Do’s and don’ts. How to? Ethics, pet peeves, best practices, etc.
Q1 How is social media used for tourism and how does it affect the tourism industry? via @travelopulent #TravelChatSA (19:00)
Q2 Share some do’s & don’ts or ‘unwritten rules of social posts in the SA context that you feel are critical to follow via @winelands #TravelChatSA (19:15)
Q3 Share examples of SA travel-related posts that when you saw them made you instantly feel: “I have to go there!”. Share a picture via @winelands #TravelChatSA (19:30)
Q4 Sharing content on social media connects people. Share tips on how to find travel fans who love South Africa as much as you do via @dorolef #TravelChatSA (19:45)
BONUS Q5 What is your favourite South African travel picture you ever posted on social media and why? via @traveltonia #TravelChatSA (19:55)
How it works:
- Follow our Host @travelopulent, @winelands, @traveltonia, @TravelChatSA and @dorolef.
- Follow our Guest Co-Hosts of the evening: TBA
- Follow Hashtag #TravelChatSA and tweet chat stream HERE.
- DO remember to use the chat hashtag #TravelChatSA in each tweet (we don’t want to miss anything you say)
- Answer Questions posted every 15 min; Connect with others, Tweet, Re-Tweet, Converse and Enjoy the Chat!
- Make sure your Twitter feed is not private. Your posts won’t come up on the chat even if you have a hashtag.
- If you’d like to sponsor #TravelChatSA, sponsor a prize, suggest a topic or become a co-host – please get in touch here or DM us @travelopulent.#TravelChatSA is a great way to get brand recognition and create a buzz around your brand among tweeter hosts and co-hosts, participants and hundreds of thousands of followers. You will achieve all that and more in a one-hour #TravelChatSA conversation chat.
- No hard “Self-Promotion” Tweets & Spam (if you have a question regarding what constitutes spam, get in touch).
- We are here to inspire! The pandemic is ongoing, and we recommend checking and following all local travel advice before you hit the road. You can ask your future host/travel provider before you go. Stay safe!
NEXT CHAT – 27th April!
Leave a Comment